At times, songs are as well-thought as books: these 5 recent songs from the past 10 years, which go towards recent issues, are totally worth listening!
- Looking for America by Lana del Rey (2019). A song by my favourite artist, regarding the recent shootings in El Paso and Dayton, and the necessity of controlling guns.
- Born this way by Lady Gaga (2011). Who doesn’t know this song about the necessity of accepting and being accepted for who you are?
- Same love by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis (2012). A song about gay rights and, overall, acceptation of the LGBTQ+ community.
- The A Team by Ed Sheeran (2011). Ed Sheeran sings about a woman, a sex worker, and her being human, despite the way people look at her.
- Alright by Kendrick Lamar (2015). A song that’s become the anthem of Black Lives Matter.
What are some other songs about political or social issues that touch your heart? Let us know in the comments below.
2 thoughts on “5 recent songs for social change”