You know that girl in your class, who raises her hand even though she’s not sure about the answer? And that woman, who walks proudly down the street, even though her hair is absolutely messy, and you can’t help but loving her and her confidence? These are the reasons why we’re here: to work on your self confidence. But this time, we aren’t going to explore what you should do to boost it: this time we’re going to talk about those things that confident people try to hide. If you’re interested in little steps to take to boost it, I suggest reading this article.
Ready? Keep reading to find them out.
- No one was born with their confidence completely built. The one to self confidence is a long, hard journey. Nobody’s going to help you, and someone is going to tear you down, but, believe me, it’s worth it. Don’t think that others had it easier: everyone had to go through their own journey and face their difficulties.
- Sometimes you’ll look like the evil one for respecting yourself. Yes, that’s true. You don’t feel like doing something that makes you uncomfortable, and suddendly you’re the evil one. The one who held the group back. You know what? Keep doing what you want to and don’t even pay attention to the comments of people who know nothing about your journey.
- There will be ups and downs. One day you’ll feel like the work is done, like you can do everything and unconditionally love yourself. But the day after you’ll feel like shit, and wonder what happened. That’s ok, that’s normal and you’re doing nothing wrong. Everyone experiences it, and you’re on the right path. Keep going.
- You’ll lose friends you thought you loved. When you move on, someone will notice the change and tell you that you have changed. That’s what you want, but it’s not always what they want, too. They were friends with your old self, and may have some difficulties accept your changes. Let go of those people who hold you back and make you feel like you’re doing something wrong. Here’s how to start again, if you need to.
- You’ll notice toxic behaviours more. Something that hardly even bothered you befre becomes something you cannot stand anymore. What your parents do, how your friends call each other, a lot of little stuff becomes suddendly unbearable. You may even notice that people close to you are getting extremely toxic. Here’s what to do in case that’s what happens. Speak up for yourself and keep going.
Which of these situations have you experienced? How did you react? Share it with us in the comments below!