I was scrolling through Pinterest yesterday and got into a 30 days-glow up challenge: basically a challenge that helps you better yourself, physically and mentally, through 10 actions that you have to repeat everyday for thirty days. What came to my mind is the fact that it’s hard, at times, to focus on many different things at once, especially when you’re going through a difficult period in your life. Therefore, what I decided to do was to write my own glow up challenge, and substitute the ten actions with one single action everyday that helps you better your life.
How it works
Basically all you have to do is to accomplish the goals set for everyday. The tasks are simple and don’t take too much time, so that everyone can partecipate in the challenge. Are you asking yourself why I chose to make it last 21 days? The answer is that human beings need 21 days to make or break a habit. So, what’s the habit you’re going to build? The habit here is simply to take care of yourself, doing something for you and you only, understanding your worth and your possibilities.
Here are the tasks: remember, one thing everyday. After 21 days, you can restart, or go on with your list of self-care habits.
- Day 1: drink at least 2 litres of water
- Day 2: tell yourself three things you like about your personality
- Day 3: do a face mask
- Day 4: clean your room
- Day 5: work out for an hour
- Day 6: cook your favourite meal
- Day 7: start reading a book (for ideas on which books to read next, I suggest taking a look at this article)
- Day 8: give up your phone for a day
- Day 9: spend time with a loved one
- Day 10: go to bed an hour earlier than normal
- Day 11: spend a whole hour doing one thing you love (ex. cooking, drawing, working out, gardening, making music…)
- Day 12: take a hot bath
- Day 13: point out 3 things you’re grateful for in your life
- Day 14: text an old friend you haven’t seen in years
- Day 15: meditate (it doesn’t matter if it’s for two minutes or half an hour: focus on your breath, on your mind, on yourself)
- Day 16: watch a movie you love
- Day 17: exfoliate and take care of your skin
- Day 18: spend at least half an hour listening to music and relax (you can find 5 recent songs that ask for social change which I highly recommend here)
- Day 19: look up information about a issue you’re interested in
- Day 20: eat a big and healthy breakfast (find tips on how to eat healthy here)
- Day 21: write a page about yourself
Have you tried it? Do you need help with anything? Have you got a suggestion for a new challenge? Let us know in the comments below!